- The number of coronavirus cases in the US continues to rise as health officials work to slow down the spread of the virus nationwide.
- Drive-thru testing sites allow people to be tested for the virus from their cars without exposing others to infection.
- Here's what it's like at one of the first drive-thru testing facilities in the US, located in Denver.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On Wednesday, Denver became one of the first cities in the US to implement drive-thru coronavirus testing free to patients with a doctor's note. The first drive-thru testing facility opened in Seattle earlier in the week.
2020欧洲杯小组赛The new sites allow medical workers to safely test patients with virus symptoms who have recently traveled to high-risk areas or have been in close contact with people who tested positive.
The efforts aim to address the delays faced by people trying to get tested as US coronavirus testing capacity slowly ramps up.
Here's what the Denver facility looks like.
Patients can expect test results within 72 hours, according to officials, and should quarantine at home while they wait.
How quickly patients can expect their test results depends on the number of people tested, according to a state official, but people should be contacted directly with their results within 72 hours.
2020欧洲杯小组赛During that time, patients need to wait at home and isolate themselves from other people and public spaces.
2020欧洲杯小组赛If a patient tests positive, an isolation order may be issued, according to the health department.
160 people were tested at the Denver site the day it opened. At least 33 cases have been confirmed positive across Colorado so far.
The first day of the drive-thru testing station saw 160 patients, according to a state health official, and more are expected Thursday and Friday.
2020欧洲杯小组赛So far, six people have tested positive for coronavirus in the Denver area, . Thirty-three people total had tested positive for the virus statewide as of Thursday.
Similar testing sites have been established in California, Washington, and around the world.
Drive-through testing was first established in the US in Seattle, Washington earlier this week. Other sites have since popped up across the country, including in and .
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends2020欧洲杯小组赛